Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Love You Phillip Morris



I love this movie. I've wanted to see it for a long time and finally watched it on my cross country flight back home to Pennsylvania.
This was the photo I always saw when the film was being promoted and I thought it would be super campy, but instead, it is ultra genuine. Some might argue that quality would make this camp, but I don't want to think about those type of round about discussions.
Rather, I was surprised by the subtle way the filmmakers channeled 90s style in telling this story inspired by real people. These striped button downs bring back a lot of memories and are super authentic without being over the top.

I loved the glasses in this movie.

Perm! I love Leslie Mann. She is such a great actress and so funny.

There is one scene in the movie when a man who was helping Stephen doctor some paperwork wore this infamous brand. It really makes me want to sport this retro style, but I know that's the crazy, overly ecclectic part of me thinking. I would probably regret trying to pull that off.

No comments:

Post a Comment